Radio RAMPA, the main information channel for Polish American community in the Tri-State Area, celebrates its 10th Anniversary. On November 29, 2022 Radio RAMPA organized its anniversary celebration at Rampa Studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The event was attended by representatives of Polish government, local elected officials from New York State and New York City, members of NYPD, as well as representatives of the biggest Polish American institutions and organizations. The guests were greeted by cofounders of Radio RAMPA – President Artur Adamski and Editor in Chief Monika Adamski.
SEE FULL PICTURES GALLERY BELOW
Consul General of Poland in New York City Adrian Kubicki presented the letter issued by President of Poland Andrzej Duda. In the letter President Duda congratulated Radio RAMPA on its anniversary, emphasizing how important is the fact that RAMPA broadcasts in Polish, but also, how important is the way in which RAMPA represents Polonia in the American community. Consul General Kubicki congratulated Radio RAMPA, underlining that RAMPA is only one of the few institutions created by young Polish Americans in the last decade.
Ambassador of Poland to the United Nations Krzysztof Szczerski said that RAMPA’s story is an American story of success, but also, a beautiful personal story – he compared it to the family story. Ambassador Szczerski noted that RAMPA has been serving Polish Americans in the good and happy times, but also, in those difficult times of COVID or now, war in Ukraine.
Jose Bayona, executive director of Mayor’s Office of Ethnic and Community Media, attended the event representing Mayor Eric Adams. Mr Bayona presented Radio RAMPA with mayoral proclamation, declaring November 29 an official Radio RAMPA day in New York.
State Assemblywoman Emily Gallagher, representing Greenpoint in the New York State Senate, said that she is extremely happy to have Radio RAMPA in Greenpoint – she emphasized how much she appreciates Polish community in her district, adding that she is so happy to have Polish culture present. She stated she is impressed by the international acclaim that Radio RAMPA achieved.
New York City Councilman Lincoln Restler, representing district 33, including Greenpoint, said that he notices and appreciates the fairness Radio RAMPA represents. He underlined how in the last ten years, when mainstream media has been closing its local divisions, Radio RAMPA has rose and developed to its today’s level. Councilman Lincoln Restler presented Radio RAMPA with Proclamation of the City of Brooklyn, on behalf of the Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso. The proclamation declared November 29, the official Radio RAMPA Day in Brooklyn.
New York City Councilman Robert Holden, representing district 30, including Maspeth, Glendale, Ridgewood, Middle Village, Woodhaven and Woodside, talked about his long relationship with Polish community, going back to his childhood days. Councilman Holden also noted that his chief of staff, Daniel Kurzyna, is Polish. Councilman Holden presented Radio RAMPA with the New York City Council Proclamation.
Radio RAMPA is an ethnic radio station. RAMPA works closely with American politicians throughout tri-state area, but also the biggest Polish American institutions and organizations. On behalf of Polish American community, Radio RAMPA recognized those, who are special supporters of the Polish-American Community in New York:
- Radio RAMPA Ethnic Media recognition for Mayor of New York City Eric Adams for creation of the Office of Ethnic and Community media – this is for making sure that Polish American community is included in the work of all new York City departments; the office enables a direct contact between the community and the city.
- Radio RAMPA Ethnic Media recognition for Councilman Robert Holden – representing district 30 – for since he became a councilman in 2018, always working closely with Polish American community, addressing their concerns and needs, often helping the community in New York, but also in Poland.
- Radio RAMPA Ethnic Media recognition for former New York State Assemblyman Joe Lentol, who represented District 50 and served Greenpoint community for almost 50 years. Joe Lentol represented Greenpoint for nine years of Radio RAMPA’s existence. Joe Lentol helped the community in need and was also the one who supported keeping the name of Kosciuszko in the Kosciuszko Bridge. Joe Lentol always proudly presented his friendship to Polish Americans.
- Radio RAMPA Ethnic Media recognition for Polish-Slavic Federal Credit Union – not only RAMPA most loyal supporter, but also, the greatest supporter of Polonia in USA. Pulaski Parade, all heritage festivals, concerts, polish schools, churches – not only PSFCU is a great Federal Credit Union, the largest ethnic credit union in the USA, but it is also the greatest supporter of everything that is Polish in USA. PSFCU was also the first institution that believed in RAMPA’s potential, RAMPA’s futuristic approach. PSFCU truly understands that the power of ethnic group in America, depends on the power of the ethnic group MEDIA.
All elected officials were presented with Radio RAMPA 10th Anniversary Statuettes. As a special THANK YOU, the statuettes were also awarded to the following institutions and people, who supported Radio RAMPA throughout the years:
Paweł Pikul, who created Radio RAMPA streaming and website since day zero; travel company AmpolTours, Bogumiła Matuszewska, Czestochowa Shrine, Michał Siwiec, Tadeusz Woźniak, Mariusz Kutrzuba, Paweł Kosarga, Agnieszka Adamczyk – Agą MakeUp and Daniel Kurzyna.
Father Tadeusz Lizyńczyk, Provincial of the Pauline Fathers & Brothers in the USA from Częstochowa Shrine in Doylestown, PA, blessed Radio RAMPA and its staff for the future.
Radio RAMPA wants to extend its sincerest THANK YOU to all the coworkers present at the event: Paweł Pikul, Anna Matlewska, Kamil Ciężki, Agnieszka Fijałkowska, Klaudia Lewczuk and Teresa Myśliwiec.
During the event, the video summarizing Radio RAMPA’s most memorable moments was presented. Also, polish food was served! The food was sponsored by:
- Pierożek Brooklyn in Greenpoint, the best pierogi in NYC! https://www.pierozekbrooklyn.com/
- Karczma Restaurant in Greenpoint – https://karczmabrooklyn.com/en/
- KASKADE Restaurant in Greenpoint – https://www.facebook.com/KaskadeNYC/